We will meet once a week for 8 weeks, where we will cover the most important aspects when it comes to parenting.
The content will include:
- Dealing with adolescence
- Coping with stages of development
- Being a friend or being a tyrant? Is there a middle ground?
- Communication Strategies
- Setting boundaries and expectations
The workshop will be delivered by Tara Beall-Gomes. She has over seventeen years of experience supporting children and parents to improve their relationships.
DBT Skills “Stress-Less” Small Group Counseling
Facilitated by Liz Reynolds, NCC, LPC and Onyx, Therapy Dog
Thursday at 6:00 PM & 7:00 PM, 45 minutes.
10 sessions, January 9th- March 5th (will do make-up sessions for snow dates)
This group is designed for adolescents and teens and will provide an opportunity to learn skills to help with sustaining attention, stress management, anxiety reduction, emotion regulation, and academic performance.
SESSION TOPICS TO INCLUDE
- How our thoughts, emotions, and actions are connected.
- Strategies to manage stress and anxiety including mindfulness skills.
- How to show gratitude and the effects of positive thinking.
- How to be present, and attentive in school and throughout our lives.
Husky, Anthem and Self-Pay (Cigna Pending)
Social Skills Groups for Kids
Facilitated by Liz Reynolds, NCC, LPC & Onyx, Therapy Dog
Thursdays at 6:00 PM & 7:00 PM, 45 minutes, 8 Weeks
The group will provide an opportunity to acquire skills to improve ability to sustain attention to task, stress management skills, anxiety reduction, emotional regulation, and academic performance.
Beginning April 2020